Engagement is the key ingredient to overall well-being and long term success in the workplace. Highly engaged employees are emotionally committed to their organization’s goals and use their discretionary effort to go the extra mile on behalf of their organization. However, the latest research shows that only a third of the global workforce are engaged, so the question becomes how can the other two thirds of the workforce increase their level of engagement? In this session we will explore the concept of being responsible for one’s own level of engagement and begin to understand what having a psychological and emotional connection to your job means.
Our goals during this session will be to:
- Explore the definition of engagement and why it is important in the workplace.
- Create an awareness that individuals have their own unique personal connection to engagement.
- Identify strategies for increasing engagement levels.
- Log-in to the appropriate EIS Campus Portal
- On the left side menu -- scroll down and select “Training & Development”
- Select "Training Enrollment"
- Select “Search by Course Number”
- Type in the Course Number of the class you are interested in (AP17OY)
- Click on "View Available Sessions"
- Click on the session number you are interested in
- Click on "Continue"
- Click on "Submit"
- Click on "OK"