Preparing for the First Day of Class: Webinar
Date: Wednesday, January 8, 2014, 10-11 a.m.
Sponsors: Office of the Provost and the Center for Learning Enhancement, Assessment and Redesign
Where: Join us via Blackboard Collaborate (see instructions below)
Featuring: UNT Distinguished Teaching Faculty Neal Brand (Mathematics), Joe Klein (Music Composition), and Kimi King (Political Science)
What is your first day of class routine? Reviewing your syllabus, answering students’ course questions, or proffering your first lecture? Since the first class meeting often sets the tone for the entire semester, getting off on the right foot is essential. “Preparing for the First Day of Class” will facilitate important conversations such as:
- How do you want your students to buy-in to the importance of your course?
- What group dynamics do you want to set in motion?
- How do you want to challenge the students’ existing thinking about the subject matter?
- How would your students use what they learn in this course in other parts of their lives?
- How do you want students to become more curious and creative?
Neal Brand, Joe Klein, and Kimi King will present “Preparing for the First Day of Class” with Christy Crutsinger, Vice Provost for Academic Success, as facilitator. Join other UNT Faculty discussing these important issues in this upcoming webinar. Participants joining live will be able to submit questions via chat for discussion and those unable to join will receive a link to the archived webinar.
You may also access helpful resources: Articles and video examples are available to assist your planning for this important “First Day”!
Login Instructions (You may log into the Webinar up to 30 minutes prior to the start time):
- Use this link to go directly to the First Day of Class Webinar:
- Select your operating system and download the file as instructed.
- Click the Start Session button to enter the event – Click Run if you receive a message to trust the content.
- Login with the name as you wish it to be displayed in the session.
If you need further technical support, see: http://support.blackboardcollaborate.com and CLEAR’s Bb Collaborate support page and/or access the CLEAR help desk via email: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: 940-369-7394; or in-person: Chilton Hall 112C.
Wednesday, January 8, 2014 - 10:00am - 11:00am
Center for Learning Enhancement, Assessment, and Redesign & Office of the Provost
Event open to:
CLEAR: First Day of Class Resources