Submitted by jwk0084 on Tue, 02/06/2018 - 7:38am
Thursday, February 8, 2018 - 8:00pm to 10:00pm
This panel discussion features UNT faculty exploring medical literature that combines the art of comics and personal illness narrative.
- Dr. John Martin, Libraries
- Dr. Jacqueline Foertsch, English
“Heads, You Win!: Newsletters and Magazines of the Polio Nation”
- Dr. Samantha Langsdale, Philosophy & Religion
"Corporeality & Disability in Karrie Fransman's The House That Groaned"
- Dr. Bryan Conn, English
"Manga and Medicine: Osamu Tezuka, MD"
- Dr. Spencer D. C. Keralis, Libraries & English
“Beyond the ‘Valley of the Ultratwinkies’: Representing Safer Sex in 90s AIDS Zines”
- Natch A., Ecology Undergraduate Student
Visit the Graphic Medicine exhibit in Willis Library, January 29-March 10
Location:Willis Library, 250H
Event open to:Open to the public
Department or Sponsor:Digital Humanities & Collaborative Programs
Contact Name:Digital Humanities
Expected Attendance:Less Than 100