Our Learn to Swim course helps children (ages 3–12) become comfortable in and around the water so they are ready to learn to swim. We also offer Adult Swim Lessons.
Classes and Rates
These classes are part of the American Red Cross Learn-to-Swim Program and are offered for three different levels of swimming abilities:
- Level 1: Introduction to Water Skills - This class is designed to help students feel comfortable in the water and to enjoy the water safely. Students will build on elementary aquatics skills learned in Level 1 as they progress through the Learn-to-Swim program. Ages 3 years and older.
Tuesday/Thursday(5:30-6PM): $40 (students & members) and $50 (non-members)
- Level 2: Fundamental Aquatic Skills - The objective of Level 2 is to give students success with fundamental skills. Students learn to float without support and to recover to a vertical position. This level marks the beginning of true locomotion skills. Students explore simultaneous and alternating arm and leg actions on the front and back to lay the foundation for future strokes. Ages 3 years and older. Pre-requisites: Must be able to demonstrate all the completion requirements in Level 1.
Tuesday/Thursday (6:15-6:45PM): $40 (students & members) and $50 (non-members)
- Level 3: Stroke Development - This class builds on the skills developed in Level 2 by providing additional guided practice. Students are taught to coordinate the front crawl and back crawl. Elements of the butterfly and the fundamentals of treading water are introduced. Ages 3 years and older. Pre-requisites: Must be able to demonstrate all the completion requirements in Level 2.
Tuesday/Thursday (7-7:40PM): $45 (students & members) and $55 (non-members)
Evening Session Schedule
- Session I - February 12 - March 7
Register by February 7
- Session 2 - March 26 - April 18
Register by March 21